>We had a Young Visiter Yesterday

>flatstanley2 728634 >We had a Young Visiter Yesterday

Standing: Mara, Bridget, Rachel, Flat Stanley, J.D., Kitty.
Seated: Alison, Elissa, Martha
Tabletop: Will and Mister

share save 171 16 >We had a Young Visiter Yesterday

Comments

>Visiter?

>Read your Daisy Ashford and get back to me.

3. Monica Edinger says:

>Sorry for the tangent, but re Mr. Salteena and Co…

at this very moment, it is lunchtime in my classroom and I’m warming up the DVD so the kids can continue watching the BBC’s version with Jim Broadbent as the sad sack Alf, aka Mr. Salteena. (BTW, Philip Pullman and others are dubious that it was really written by an eight-year old.) z

>Roger,

where oh where did Stanley come from? Is he visiting from the classroom of some enterprising, dedicated and clever teacher?

hope

>I believe Mr. Stanley was visiting from the classroom of just such a teacher, in San Diego. Sources tell me he arrived in London this morning.

6. >I took Flat Stanley to the fair and a Tim McGraw & Faith Hill concert last summer. If the photos are to believed, he enjoyed himself.

It’s not London, but you do the best you can! ;-)

Students here are happy with the “new” Flat Stanley in picture book format.

>Yikes, don’t tell that to Horn Book new-editions reviewer (and bookseller extraordinaire) Terri Schmitz! In the March/April issue she writes: “the hilarious, deadpan prose has been abridged into a text as flat as Stanley himself. Whole episodes have disappeared in order to showcase the art and squeeze the action into thirty-two pages.”

8. MsAbcMom says:

>Flat Stanley visited us this year too. He sure does get around!

9. >FS came to Oberlin, OH a couple of years ago. He stayed about two weeks and went back to Phoenix with a photo album of his visit. He was a very quiet guest but we had a great time.

10. >My kid just got Flat Stanley too. Now I’m trying to figure out where to send him. Any cool ideas?

>Send him to Terri at the Children’s Book Shop in Brookline so he can administer a spanking to his latest edition. (If it’s even in there.)

12. >Um … don’t know if my kindergartener’s teacher would go for that.

Thought I would be amused.