>The Five Thousand Acre, Thirty Billion Dollar Wood

>Lolly Robinson reveals another tree-creature, this one sprouting from the greens of Harvard:

pooh door 766561 >The Five Thousand Acre, Thirty Billion Dollar Wood

share save 171 16 >The Five Thousand Acre, Thirty Billion Dollar Wood

Comments

1. shahairyzad says:

>Anyone with a toddler can tell you this is the most fascinating spot in all of Cambridge. And, to Harvard’s credit, they protected the tree during all the heavy construction, and put Pooh’s house back when they were done. (Or at least, someone put it back.)

>…but I thought he lived under the name of Saunders (or was it Sanders?)
    MVP

>”Once upon a time, a very long time ago now, about last Friday, Winnie-the-Pooh lived in a forest all by himself under the name of Sanders.”
    …from Winnie-the-Pooh
    The Shepard illustration shows Pooh sitting on a log outside his front door, which has a sign reading “Mr. Sanders” (the final s is backward) hanging over it–and Pooh.
    Irene

4. >Good point, MVP.

I took that photo more than ten years ago when the preschool class I taught took a little walk to see the Pooh door. One of the more literate three-year-olds noticed the Sanders discrepancy, but most of them hadn’t heard the stories yet. They all opened the door and looked inside — there’s about enough room in there for a stick of gum — but most were willing to suspend their disbelief.

I wonder whether they remembered this door later when they read the books.

5. Elizabeth says:

>I wish I had taken a photo of this, but a few years ago, the Waverly movie theater in the village was under construction and the facade was boarded up. Someone had written on it “Frank Mills: Angela and I don’t want the two dollars back, just you!”

6. rindawriter says:

>Oooh! I’ve ALWAYS wanted to live for a while in a tree….

>Does anyone at all know who made this/is maintaining this little house??