>I’m still no Tim Gunn, but . . .

>Here is ALA Runway!

share save 171 16 >Im still no Tim Gunn, but . . .

Comments

1. >Thank you, Roger. That was the best use of 10 minutes in my day today!

2. Monica Edinger says:

>Story? I’ve resisted Project Runway long enough I guess.

3. Elizabeth says:

>May I be the first to say, this is brilliant! Bravo to all involved. I still feel just a bit fashion damaged from growing up in an academic household in the greater Boston area, and the team involved with this has done yeoman’s work on forever banishing the image of frumpy children’s librarian. See? We dress nice and even have senses of humor.

Of course, I am saddened that I never found the runway at this year’s banquet, so I couldn’t be interviewed about my custom made Joan Fagin jacket. But I take solace in the fact that Project Runway Season 5 starts tomorrow night. Bring it on, Tim.

4. >Spec-freakin-tacular. Roger, maybe next year they’ll do more of an American Idol approach to the red carpet, and we can call in and vote for you.

5. >Y’all make it work.

6. >Sorry you got Auf’d by the Klumster. Too tight and too sexy–that’s always been your problem, hasn’t it?

7. >Thanks for embedding our fashion roundup, Roger. All the full interviews can be found at http://www.redcarpetinterviews.blogspot.com

8. janeyolen says:

>Wow–I have been grinning nonstop here in Scotland. What a hoot1

Jane

9. fairrosa says:

>Roger, you’re ROBBED! They scripted it so that only an author (wait, you’re one yourself. I think maybe they didn’t realize?) could possibly have a chance to win. Haha. Laurie Anderson does look dashing, though! How appropriate that you “released” this episode, heralding Season 5 of Project Runway. (Do you know that Lily and I were obsessed last season? Fierce!)

>If only Linda Sue Park had been wearing Brian Selznick’s amazing silver spaceship shoes (instead of J. Crew) — surely she’d have made the cut!
    Martha

>Linda Sue looked great, but I thought Yuyi Morales was robbed! Perhaps this was just because they didn’t have audio of Heidi Klum saying “Yuyi — congratulations!”

12. >Yes. Yuyi looked SO good that Heidi felt threatened and auf’d her. So she has that feather to add to her cap. ++++ Believe it or not, we actually got our first piece of hate mail about the video. Having written a gentle bedtime book I’m not used to the getting the type of response a satirist must get all the time. Still, there it is… check it out at http://www.redcarpetinterviews.blogspot.com where you can also vote for “fan favorite.” Roger- you may win yet!

13. janeyolen says:

>Some people have zero funny bones. And Roger got the last laugh line there.

Sheesh.

Jane

>stupid question – but WHO IS TIM GUNN? Some private joke here? One has to be a HB insider?

>Tim Gunn is a host of the TV show Project Runway, a reality game show for fashion designers. Tim, very silver-haired and gay and dapper, plays “mentor” to the competitors, telling them to “make it work!” and “don’t bore Nina!” (Nina Garcia, one of the judges).