>And would Jane Eyre Twitter?

>Elizabeth sent me this link to the end of literature as we know it.

share save 171 16 >And would Jane Eyre Twitter?

Comments

1. Hedgehog Librarian says:

>Awww…I thought it was really funny!! P&P is one of my favorite books.

2. Elizabeth says:

>Yeah, what’s your beef with it, Roger? It’s parody, and you like Forbidden Broadway. Have you ever read those great summaries of the classics in “How to be ridiculously well read in one evening?”

>I HAVE no beef with it. I thought it was funny. And I was trying to be funny but obviously unsuccessfully so.

4. Elizabeth says:

>Well, you do have a character long celebrated for its frankness.

>Then I WILL add, frankly, that I find P&P the dullest of Austen's novels. Of course, dull Austen is still miles more interesting than just about anybody else!

6. Elizabeth says:

>Have you read Northanger Abbey?

7. >Apart from the fact that I cannot believe anyone could think Pride and Prejusdice is more dull than Northanger Abbey or Mansfield Park (I mean, come on, Fanny is unbearable), I wanted to add this little morsel to the discussion. Somehow Elizabeth neglected to see it, and was beyond excited to discover it on my facebook page.

You, too, can become a member of Lydia and Kitty’s facebook group, 1,000,000 Strong Against Officers Leaving Meryton!

8. Elizabeth says:

>I’m sorry if this is too off topic, but Fanny is wonderful, she’s just quiet. Who are the children’s book characters who are as controversial as Fanny, I wonder? I am reminded of a mom I know who complained that Bella Swan’s self-esteem is too low. My friend didn’t think Bella was a good role model for her daughter!

>I loved the half of Mansfield Park I finished much more than the two-thirds of Northanger Abbey I did not.

10. Monica Edinger says:

>First of all, Jane Twittering? My word, I should think not. Adele on the other hand…

Secondly, it is very clear who is NOT friending Catherine Morland around here.

Thirdly, Sharyn November posted this link on facebook a while back and a few of us had fun playing the same game with Little Women. My favorite was (I believe it was Sharyn’s and I’m paraphrasing from memory being unable to access facebook from school) “Amy is now a fan of pickled limes.”

11. Sarah O'Holla says:

>I love how it says “Kitty can’t stop coughing,” with three exclamation marks.

12. >I love all of Jane Austen, but P&P is still the best, IMNSHO.

I missed "Mr. Bingley thinks Mary Bingley has delighted the party long enough."

13. MotherReader says:

>It’s a miserable, cold January day in the DC area with rain pouring down (like it can’t be snow!), so I have to thank you for the laugh. I needed it.

14. Christina says:

>Oh, you are all too hard on poor Catherine Morland. She has been one of the few classic heroines to, really, make me laugh out loud. Others have amused, even aroused a smile– but dear Catherine (or rather, Catherine’s narrator) makes me, in the spirit of the discussion, LOL.

15. >I’m late to comment, but have you seen Hamlet?