>Somebody really didn’t think this through.

>The name of Toni and Slade Morrison’s forthcoming picture book from Wiseman/Simon & Schuster is Peeny-Butter Fudge. I can’t be the only adult who has the sense of humor of a nine-year-old.

share save 171 16 >Somebody really didnt think this through.

Comments

1. Teacherninja says:

>Let’s try the Nerdfighter thing on it:

Peeny-Butter Fudge…in my pants!

Yup! Works for me!

>I’d sign my name except for what I’m going to admit: I didn’t even have to “imagine” anything to find fault with that title. In our household, the “nether parts” were called peeny, bun, and heinie. “Fudge” in this case is icing on the beefcake!

>In fact, that was the very first thing I thought (and I am most definitely not nine, nor a boy). Please God, let them change the title.

4. Kelly Fineman says:

>Sure this isn’t an early April Fool’s joke?

5. TheWriterStuff says:

>I’m amazed that no one involved with the book found the title objectionable. I realize it’s Toni Morrison but, come on!

6. Melissa in England!! says:

>And to that I warrant a hearty “LOL”.

What were they thinking?!

>I don’t dare post my name, either. But that’s what celebrity publishing (a trend I thought was mercifully dying) will bring you to. Indulging the adult celebrity author and no one daring to speak the truth–or an editor without, frankly, the taste to even notice.

>Staying anon here too. During the appointment at a publisher’s recently, I was told how tight and great my writing had to be to get work these days. I asked about the writing skills of the celebrity who’s book poster was on the wall. “Decent” was the answer. Left feeling down the rabbit hole.

>Anonymous 2:35: did they tell you anything about SPELLING and grammar? “I asked about … the celebrity WHO’S poster…” Maybe if your ms. had been accepted they would have called in a copy editor for you, too.

>Please, for the love of all that’s holy, someone PLEASE tell Toni Morrison to STOP WRITING BOOKS FOR CHILDREN and STOP WRITING WITH SLADE.

Giselle Potter is forever ruined for me after I endured the Very Bad book, The Big Box. What a piece of crap. I just reread Hazel Rochman’s review–if she says it’s sentimental and didactic, it is.

Gotta stay anon here too–