>Shana tova!

>meandmiles 705825 >Shana tova!

Miles and me on Rosh Hashanah.

share save 171 16 >Shana tova!

Comments

1. >Wow. Complete cutie pie. What books does he like?

>Well, he's really liking the new Tom Rob Smith Secret Speech and the latest Sophie Kinsella . . . .oh the baby. We brought him a bunch of books, but the one that seems to work best for him at 3 months is Art for Baby, an oh-so-chic oversized board book from Candlewick of black-and-white images from contemporary art (Keith Haring, Bridget Reilly, etc.) He was magnetized by this one line drawing of an almost full-sized face of a dot-eyed woman with long hair. I'm sorry I don't remember the artist. The more abstract images in the book didn't do a whole lot for him, but I was amazed at the connection he clearly made to a stylized representation of a human face. Do we arrive with that built in?

3. >I really thought no one could compete with my baby, but that little peanut comes close. Mazel tov!

4. Jennifer Schultz says:

>Miles is adorable. What a cutie! Congratulations.

Yes-we're born with a fascination for faces. There's been some fantastic research on babies and faces. There was a study in which researches arranged three dots into the shape of a face, and babies liked looking at that arrangement over the other arrangements of the three dots.

There's a very cute series of board books called Busy Books…(Busy Pandas, Busy Kitties, Busy Chickens, etc). Color photographs of adorable animals and very simple text.

5. Beth Kephart says:

>perfection

6. janeyolen@aol.com says:

>I have to say it. There is no other way.

Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!

Jane

7. melanie hope greenberg says:

>Happy New Year back to you!

OMG, what a cutie! :)

8. Mayra Lazara Dole says:

>Que lindo!

9. >What a sweetie-baby! Those eyes — babies' eyes get me every time. And he has such expressive-looking eyebrows. He must be an absolute delight to the whole family.

Thanks for sharing!