>The new look . . .

>jan2010mag spdforblog 738827 >The new look . . .. . . of the Horn Book Magazine. I’ve been getting some complimentary emails but am wondering what you all think, especially since we are still tinkering.

share save 171 16 >The new look . . .

Comments

1. Brenda Ferber says:

>Love it!!! Makes it feel more magazine-ish and less journal-ish. I wonder if you have a lot of authors as subscribers, or is it more librarians? Because, as an author, I would love to see more articles on craft (like Kristin Cashore's terrific piece) and more reviews.

2. >Simple and clean. Easy on the eyes. Ample white space to allow the illustrations to shine. I like it!

>Can one buy a single copy somehow? Or do you only sell subscriptions?

>If you look here you can find a list of bookstores that sell single copies of the Horn Book Magazine.

5. >Beautiful and clean and I love it! Good job.

6. >Mag-nificent!

7. ladydisdain says:

>I love it. Pretty white space. Nice fonts. Color! I can't wait to get my first updated issue.

8. Terry Doherty says:

>I love it. Nice mix of columns, plenty of white space and terrific illustrations! What a great way to open the year.

9. Cindy Dobrez says:

>Still waiting for the postal carrier to deliver mine….

10. Sondy at Sonderbooks says:

>I got mine a couple days ago and LOVE the new look!

11. >I've been an avid reader of the Horn Book since my college professor introduced it to my Children's Lit. class, but the new colorful style is amazing! I think the new look does a great job capturing the reader's attention.

12. Sergio Ruzzier says:

>Looks nice!

Whith all this color, are you going to run illustrators' portfolios, or something like that?

Sergio

13. Sergio Ruzzier says:

>Oops, I wrote "with" with two h's…

14. >Uggh… Still waiting for mine! Come quickly tomorrow, USPS!

15. Beth Kephart says:

>As entrancing as a storybook.

As smart as one, too.

16. Marge Loch-Wouters says:

>The new look – and content – is wonderful. I feel like Horn Book is refreshed and so am I. Kudos to all for all the work to make the changes come about.

17. fairybookmother says:

>Lovely. I blogged gushily about it.

18. >It's really beautiful…but the pages are falling out of mine.