>Calling out the Twi-moms

>Personally, I’m Team DCS Foyle, but you know who you are.

share save 171 16 >Calling out the Twi moms

Comments

1. >We're going to have to fight for Foyle — a little while back, I displayed the whole stack of DVDs on the circulation desk. The sign just had an arrow pointing to Michael Kitchen with a note that said, "My new boyfriend."

You wouldn't believe the number of patrons who came in and got all gushy. Oh, wait. Yes, you would. Because you would have been one of them.

Long story short, I also love him.

>He's too old for you, Leila. Outta my way.

3. missprint says:

>Isn't everyone Team DCS Foyle? It was a fine day when Masterpiece Mystery started showing a new season of Foyle's War.

4. bbqhuff says:

>Dang! I thought I was the only one who thought of DCS Foyle as a heartthrob…Harruumph! Competition!

>Hey, we're team Honeysuckle Weeks here. I mean, Honeysuckle, how can you not love that?

6. >It was while watching Foyle's War that I realized I had reached an age at which I found men with receding hairlines attractive. I was quite shaken at the time. Now I must go tape this evening's Foyle.

7. Suzanne says:

>My mum and I are part of a similar phenomenon to the Twi-moms and their kids: we both love DCS Foyle. (And we think his son is rather dishy. And, like Anonymous, we'd love Honeysuckle Weeks for her name alone, even if she wasn't so jolly-hockeysticks charming.)

8. Moira Manion says:

>From the article: "…this sense that's it's better to be young, and that you can and should stay young…"

I didn't know that staying young was a choice. Hmm. I wouldn't have taken it.

The "Twilight" popularity gives me the feminist creeps as it is, but this article about Twi-Moms has boggled my brain. I couldn't be even remotely interested in swooning for anyone too young to remember Watergate. (Working in a bookstore, I had a conversation with a theoretically young man in his twenties my coworkers were squeeing over, who had asked for a recommendation for his college history class reading. I suggested "All the President's Men." He asked what the book was about. "Watergate," I said. "Oh," he said, "yeah, Watergate. He was President." How could I cuddle with that?)

Give me Foyle, receding hairline, inscrutable pauses and all.

9. Moira Manion says:

>Sorry, I meant "theoretically handsome young man." His youth was definitely real. His handsomeness seemed real enough to my younger coworkers

Oh, and I like the new font for your blog header, Mr. Sutton.

>I'd like to read some PG slash fiction with Samantha Stewart and Chloe O'Brien.

11. >I would prefer a Samantha Stewart/Chloe O'Brien Deadliest Warrior episode.