>Okay, everybody, outta bed!

>Let’s see if these boys can Make It Work

share save 171 16 >Okay, everybody, outta bed!

Comments

>Huh? What in God's name does this have to do with children's literature?

>You must be new here.

3. Moira Manion says:

>I bet myself a nickel that someone would comment about this not having anything to do with children's books, and by golly, I won a nickel.

Thank you, Roger, my few years as a playwright/artist/techie for university theatre came crawliing back to me from the twine-tied shoebox in the dark attic of my memory. At least these guys have rhythm and enthusiasm; I was poised for enduring a "Waiting for Guffman" level of performance. But the belts over the shirts over black spandex? Holy crunchy Moses on toast, it's not the 80s.

I thoroughly enjoyed this on a Sunday morning, before I have to go to work at a high-end jewelry store where my Conservative co-workers look at me strange for reading "The Boy in the Dress" by David Walliams.

Dang, now that tune's gonna be in my head all day….

4. Elizabeth says:

>SO much more entertaining than the same number in the revival of Promises, Promises currently on Broadway!

I saw a clip of the original Broadway production of this number and it's amazing, if anyone is interested. It was recorded when the cast performed on Ed Sullivan.

And the above is why Roger often says I am gayer than he is.

>Well, call me narrow-minded, but I am not watching anything with camera work that bad. Why, they mostly cut off that darling on the right. Atrocious. Unsupportable. Tell me if it gets better and I'll try again.

Anon2

6. >Yes, was that filmed by the vengeful ex-boyfriend of the elusive Man at Stage Left?

7. Moira Manion says:

>I kept waiting to see if the 6 foot+ gentleman was going to step on one of the others, but he's more graceful than I am. He has to have interesting stories about his adolescence.

>Anon 2—if you go to YouTube to view this clip, you'll find that Stage Left Little Darling is on screen most of the time.

Anon 3

>Sweet. Thanks clever Anon3!

Anon2