- Horn Book Fanfare—our choices for the best books of 2011.
- 2011 Boston Globe–Horn Book Awards: Speeches from Nonfiction winner Steve Sheinkin, Picture Book winner Salley Mavor, and Fiction winner Tim Wynne-Jones.
- Richard Peck adapts his keynote address from the Horn Book at Simmons colloquium, “Books to Unite the Digitally Divided Family.”
- Sight Reading: Leonard S. Marcus on his favorite picture books of 2011.
- Deirdre F. Baker considers the recent spate of YA novels written in the present tense.
- Benjamin Goulet rides the highway to heck with “What Makes a Good Rock-and-Roll Book?” for young children.
- Patrick Jennings presents “The Chocolate Games,” a deliciously thrilling remix of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and The Hunger Games.
- Original cover art by Salley Mavor.
Preview January/February 2012 Horn Book Magazine
December 1, 2011 by 1 Comment
Horn Book at Simmons Colloquium: Transformations
On October 2-3 2015, join an esteemed group of award-winning authors, illustrators, librarians, and other children’s book experts and aficionados in Boston, MA, for a memorable two-day event celebrating the best in children’s and young adult literature. Confirmed speakers include 2015 BOSTON GLOBE HORN–BOOK AWARD recipients Candace Fleming, Marla Frazee, Jon Agee, Gregory Maguire, and Neal Shusterman, plus a special keynote appearance by Susan Cooper.