- Horn Book Fanfare—our choices for the best books of 2011.
- 2011 Boston Globe–Horn Book Awards: Speeches from Nonfiction winner Steve Sheinkin, Picture Book winner Salley Mavor, and Fiction winner Tim Wynne-Jones.
- Richard Peck adapts his keynote address from the Horn Book at Simmons colloquium, “Books to Unite the Digitally Divided Family.”
- Sight Reading: Leonard S. Marcus on his favorite picture books of 2011.
- Deirdre F. Baker considers the recent spate of YA novels written in the present tense.
- Benjamin Goulet rides the highway to heck with “What Makes a Good Rock-and-Roll Book?” for young children.
- Patrick Jennings presents “The Chocolate Games,” a deliciously thrilling remix of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and The Hunger Games.
- Original cover art by Salley Mavor.
Preview January/February 2012 Horn Book Magazine
December 1, 2011 by 1 Comment