- In his 2012 Zena Sutherland Lecture Neil Gaiman poses the question: “What the [Very Bad Swearword] Is a Children’s Book Anyway?”
- Susan Cooper remembers Margaret Mahy.
- Board book roundup: aficionado Viki Ash recommends some recent titles.
- Foreign Correspondence: Horn Book designer and production manager Lolly Robinson tours some of London’s illustration archive sites.
- Books in the Home: Author and mother Rosanne Parry discusses the pros and cons of “Reading Up.”
- Sight Reading: Leonard S. Marcus on picture book covers.
- ’Tis the season for our annual Holiday High Notes book reviews.
- From The Guide: Artists and Masterpieces.
- Cadenza: A librarian imagines patron book requests as haiku.
Preview November/December 2012 Horn Book Magazine
October 1, 2012 By 1 Comment