- In his 2012 Zena Sutherland Lecture Neil Gaiman poses the question: “What the [Very Bad Swearword] Is a Children’s Book Anyway?”
- Susan Cooper remembers Margaret Mahy.
- Board book roundup: aficionado Viki Ash recommends some recent titles.
- Foreign Correspondence: Horn Book designer and production manager Lolly Robinson tours some of London’s illustration archive sites.
- Books in the Home: Author and mother Rosanne Parry discusses the pros and cons of “Reading Up.”
- Sight Reading: Leonard S. Marcus on picture book covers.
- ’Tis the season for our annual Holiday High Notes book reviews.
- From The Guide: Artists and Masterpieces.
- Cadenza: A librarian imagines patron book requests as haiku.
Preview November/December 2012 Horn Book Magazine
October 1, 2012 by 1 Comment
Horn Book at Simmons Colloquium: Transformations
On October 2-3 2015, join an esteemed group of award-winning authors, illustrators, librarians, and other children’s book experts and aficionados in Boston, MA, for a memorable two-day event celebrating the best in children’s and young adult literature. Confirmed speakers include 2015 BOSTON GLOBE HORN–BOOK AWARD recipients Candace Fleming, Marla Frazee, Jon Agee, Gregory Maguire, and Neal Shusterman, plus a special keynote appearance by Susan Cooper.