- Horn Book Fanfare: our choices for the best books of 2012.
- Coverage of the 2012 Boston Globe–Horn Book Awards: judges’ remarks, excerpts from speeches, photos.
- Caldecott at 75: Kathleen T. Horning begins a seven-part series of articles looking back at the Caldecott by decade, starting with 1939 award winner Mei Li.
- Borderlands: Yolanda Hare asks for a more diverse portrayal of African American teens in young adult literature.
- Professional dancer, teacher, and children’s literature blogger Jill Homan Randall asks, “What Makes a Good Book About Dance?”
- Books in the Home: 2012 BGHB judge Megan Lambert discusses her family’s interactions with the award-winning books.
- From The Guide: American Politics.
- Cadenza: “BGHB Awardplay,” a puzzle by Tim Wynne-Jones.
Preview January/February 2013 Horn Book Magazine
December 3, 2012 by Leave a Comment
Horn Book at Simmons Colloquium: Transformations
On October 2-3 2015, join an esteemed group of award-winning authors, illustrators, librarians, and other children’s book experts and aficionados in Boston, MA, for a memorable two-day event celebrating the best in children’s and young adult literature. Confirmed speakers include 2015 BOSTON GLOBE HORN–BOOK AWARD recipients Candace Fleming, Marla Frazee, Jon Agee, Gregory Maguire, and Neal Shusterman, plus a special keynote appearance by Susan Cooper.