- Horn Book Fanfare: our choices for the best books of 2012.
- Coverage of the 2012 Boston Globe–Horn Book Awards: judges’ remarks, excerpts from speeches, photos.
- Caldecott at 75: Kathleen T. Horning begins a seven-part series of articles looking back at the Caldecott by decade, starting with 1939 award winner Mei Li.
- Borderlands: Yolanda Hare asks for a more diverse portrayal of African American teens in young adult literature.
- Professional dancer, teacher, and children’s literature blogger Jill Homan Randall asks, “What Makes a Good Book About Dance?”
- Books in the Home: 2012 BGHB judge Megan Lambert discusses her family’s interactions with the award-winning books.
- From The Guide: American Politics.
- Cadenza: “BGHB Awardplay,” a puzzle by Tim Wynne-Jones.
Preview January/February 2013 Horn Book Magazine
December 3, 2012 by Leave a Comment