- Caroline Fraser examines the sordid publishing history of The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
- Foreign Correspondence: Karen Jameyson takes us deep into Jeannie Baker’s process for creating the cross-cultural picture book Mirror.
- Author Jeanne Birdsall stresses the importance of letting middle grade be middle grade.
- Jonathan Hunt on the future of connecting kids with nonfiction.
- Caldecott at 75: Scholar-librarian Kathleen T. Horning continues a multi-part series of articles looking back at the Caldecott Medal by decade, here focusing on the 1950s and Ludwig Bemelmans’s Madeline’s Rescue.
- The Writer’s Page: Marc Tyler Nobleman’s thoughts on accuracy in nonfiction dialogue.
- Katrina Hedeen and Rachel L. Smith ask, “What Makes a Good YA Love Story?”
- From The Guide: Graphic Novels for Children.
- Cadenza: “Retitled,” book title updates for today’s sensibilities, by Patrick Jennings.
Preview May/June 2013 Horn Book Magazine
April 2, 2013 by Leave a Comment