We’re lucky enough to have all three 2013 Boston Globe–Horn Book Award winners and two of the honorees in attendance for the upcoming Horn Book at Simmons Colloquium. The colloquium, now in its third year, provides an opportunity to hear winners, critics, and publishers speak about the honored books and children’s books more generally; network with other professionals in the world of children’s books; and, of course, get books signed!
Last week, to whet your appetite for HBAS, we chatted with
- Picture Book Award winner Jonathan Bean (Building Our House)
- Picture Book Honor winner Jesse Klausmeier (Open This Little Book)
- Fiction Award winner Rainbow Rowell (Eleanor & Park)
- Nonfiction Award winner Robert Byrd (Electric Ben: The Amazing Life and Times of Benjamin Franklin)
- Nonfiction Honor winner Christy Hale (Dreaming Up: A Celebration of Building)
All will be accepting their Boston Globe–Horn Book Awards or Honors at the ceremony on Friday, October 4th, and speaking at the Horn Book at Simmons Colloquium on Saturday, October 5th. Register for Horn Book at Simmons now to attend both events!