2017 Boston Globe–Horn Book Awards
First awarded in 1967, the Boston Globe–Horn Book Awards recognize and reward excellence in literature for children and young adults.
1. Books must be published in the United States between June 1, 2016, and May 31, 2017. First U.S. editions of books previously published elsewhere are eligible, but reissued editions, textbooks, e-books, and audiobooks will not be considered, nor will manuscripts.
2. Judges will select one winner and may designate up to two honor books in each of the following categories:
• Fiction and Poetry
• Picture Book
3. Books should be submitted by publishers, although the judges reserve the right to honor any eligible book. While we do not limit the number of titles a publisher may submit, we urge publishers to use their best judgment and send only those titles that they believe are distinguished enough to warrant consideration.
4. A copy of each book submitted should be mailed directly to each of the three judges.
|Pauletta Bracy, BGHB judge
901 Cheviot Avenue
Durham, NC 27707
|Sheila Geraty, BGHB judge
1 Brookwood Road
Manchester, MA 01944
|Julie Roach, BGHB Chair
39 Joy Street, Unit 3
Boston MA 02114
5. Publishers are urged to send their submissions as soon as possible after publication. No books will be accepted after May 15, 2017. There will be no extensions to this deadline.
6. Publishers should send the Chair of the committee a complete list of all books they have submitted. A copy of that list should also be sent via email to bghb at hbook.com.
7. Winners and Honor Books will be announced in May, 2017. The fiftieth-anniversary awards ceremony will be held in the fall of 2017.
For more information, contact the Boston Globe–Horn Book Awards administrator at bghb at hbook.com.