First awarded in 1967, the Boston Globe–Horn Book Awards recognize and reward excellence in literature for children and young adults.
1. Books must be published in the United States between June 1, 2014, and May 31, 2015. New editions of previously issued books are eligible, but reissued editions are not. Textbooks, e-books, and audiobooks will not be considered, nor will manuscripts.
2. Judges will select one winner and may designate up to two Honor Books in each of the following categories:
• Fiction and Poetry
• Picture Book
3. Books should be submitted by publishers, although the judges reserve the right to honor any eligible book. In a break with past practices, we no longer require publishers to strictly limit the quantity of titles submitted. However, we urge publishers to use their best judgment and send only those titles that they believe are distinguished enough to warrant consideration.
4. A copy of each book submitted should be mailed directly to each of the three judges.
|Maeve Visser Knoth
519 Prospect Street
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Jessica Tackett MacDonald
321 Meridian Street, Unit 5
East Boston, MA 02128
26 Crowninshield Rd.
Brookline, MA 02446
5. Publishers are urged to send their submissions as soon as possible after publication. No books will be accepted after May 15, 2015. There will be no extensions to this deadline.
6. Publishers should send the Chair of the committee a complete list of all books they have submitted. A copy of that list should also be sent to Katrina Hedeen at The Horn Book, Inc., 300 The Fenway, Palace Road Building, Suite P-311, Boston MA 02115.
7. Winners and Honor Books will be announced in May, 2015. The awards ceremony will be held in the fall of 2015.
For more information, contact Katrina Hedeen at The Horn Book, Inc., 617-278-0225, ext. 222, or khedeen at hbook.com.