Over the years, authors and illustrators have written to us our editors. Most of them were writing articles for The Horn Book Magazine or anticipating giving their acceptance speeches for the Newbery and Caldecott Medals. Some even sent art.
Here is a sampling, sorted alphabetically by last name. There is much more in our archives, but these are the pieces we received permission to share with you.
L. Leslie Brook
• Drawing by L. Leslie Brook given to Bertha Mahony Miller in 1936
• “Christmas at Huckleberry Mountain Library” (November 1946 Horn Book Magazine)
A Christmas memory from the 1946 Newbery Medal winner
• Advice for writing to authors
• Obituary (by James Marshall)
• Radio Interview with Anita Silvey, 1986
Chris van Allsburg
• Children review The Polar Express on radio, 1986