Mock Caldecott results? Share right here

It’s less than a month before the Awards Announcements, but it’s not too soon to hear results of mock Caldecott deliberations. Many libraries host meetings where readers discuss books and vote on their winners. It’s impossible for us to keep up with all of the results, but we do want to know all about your mock committees.

Do you run a mock committee or participate in one? Please take a moment and pop the results in the comments below. People like to know which books made your discussion list and which books were recognized after the votes were counted.

Right now, I am trying to decide how many books I want my second graders to talk about. We start the talking next week, with each child presenting one title to the full class. I will report the results right here. Voting in my classroom will occur on the last Wednesday of January. It’s usually a bit of a emotional roller coaster.

Please share your mock Caldecott results and encourage your librarian friends to share, too. Every time you mention a title we have not discussed on this blog, my stomach sinks a little bit. That should be incentive enough.

IMG_4861        IMG_4860

Robin Smith About Robin Smith

Robin Smith is a second-grade teacher at the Ensworth School in Nashville, Tennessee. She is a reviewer for Kirkus and The Horn Book Magazine and has served on multiple award committees.

Comments

1. Lolly Robinson Lolly Robinson says:

Also, we would love to hear how you organize your mock Caldecott events. It’s three years since we last asked this question (http://www.hbook.com/2012/01/blogs/calling-caldecott/mock-caldecott-diy/) and I have a personal reason for needing advice this year. Be sure to tell us what ages you are working with — kids in grade ___, adults in a weekly class, library patrons, etc.

2. I’ll be doing a Mock Caldecott session with a children’s literature class of education majors. The books we’ll be reviewing are on the Instructional Resource Center’s Pinterest site @ https://www.pinterest.com/ircaulibrary/mock-caldecott-panels/. We do this panel at the beginning of each fall and spring term. it’s always fun to listen to the discussion and take the final vote.

3. Grace Greene and I did a whole bunch of mock-Caldecotts over the years, and I posted about one way to organize them here: http://writeatyourownrisk.wordpress.com/2013/11/21/going-for-the-gold-very-long-post/
    I’ll be doing a much simpler and shorter one this Saturday at VCFA. Will let you know the results.

4. K-5 classes (927 students) at Falmouth Elementary School in Falmouth, Maine took part in a Mock Caldecott vote in December. The winner was Little Elliot, Big City. Honor Books: Three Bears in a Boat and Sparky

5. Robin Smith Robin Smith says:

My second graders are reading and taking notes this week. I will try to insert a picture of the form they fill out. They list appreciations and concerns on the back. (they love to express concerns, dear Lord, they do) The discussions will happen next week. The voting will follow. After the ALSC announcements, we will try to figure out why the winners won and why some of our winners might not have made the cut. When I get back on that Tuesday, they always feel like I have some ‘splainin’ to do. It’s hard for my second graders to understand that I have NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT WINS this year. Anyway…

People choose their titles for lots of different reasons. I try to choose books that second graders can easily read and understand. That means my Mock Caldecott list skews very young. I lazily did not make a list, but am working from memory here.
    Here is what they are looking at:
    The Adventures of Beekle
    Kid Sheriff
    Viva Frida!
    The Iridescence of Birds
    All Different Now
    Gaston

6. Elisa Gall says:

The Center for Teaching Through Children’s Books at National-Louis University hosted a Mock Caldecott last Saturday (1/10) during its Visual Literacy Institute held for teachers and librarians in the Chicagoland area. The group’s winner was The Farmer and the Clown. Three mock honor books were chosen: Sam and Dave Dig a Hole, Grandfather Gandhi, and Bad Bye, Good Bye.

7. Sam Bloom says:

I’m just going to copy/paste from another thread where I posted this: (sorry it’s so long…)

On January 8 children’s service professionals from the Lane Libraries, the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County, and assorted folks from both Northern Kentucky and the Cincinnati and Dayton metro areas held a Mock Caldecott. We discussed 25 books, and yes I really am going to list them all:

MY BUS – written and ill. by Byron Barton
    JOSEPHINE – ill. by Christian Robinson, written by Patricia Hruby Powell
    THE PILOT AND THE LITTLE PRINCE – written and ill. by Peter Sis
    KID SHERIFF AND THE TERRIBLE TOADS – ill. by Lane Smith, written by Bob Shea
    THREE BEARS IN A BOAT – written and ill. by David Soman
    THE RIGHT WORD – ill. by Melissa Sweet, written by Jen Bryant
    SEPARATE IS NEVER EQUAL – written and ill. by Duncan Tonatiuh

We separated into ten groups, with each group voting for their three favorites (just like members of the Real Committee do). Amazingly enough, 13 of the 25 titles received votes… but based on the point system used by the Real Committee, the results were as follows:

WINNER: The Farmer and the Clown
    HONORS: Draw!; The Noisy Paintbox; Viva Frida!

8. Beth Clark says:

our K-5 students chose the following:
    1. Quest
    2. Draw!
    3. Sam & Dave Dig a Hole (so excited Mac Barnett is visiting our school in March!)

9. Lolly Robinson Lolly Robinson says:

Have any of you ever done a mock Caldecott at a different time of year — i.e. not using books from the current calendar year? I am planning to do some mocks with my ed school students, but the class has been moved from fall semester to spring. So I will probably just pick books from the past 5 years or so. Any advice?

10. Lolly Robinson Lolly Robinson says:

Hi, Diane –
    I love the idea of using Pinterest for this. May I steal it?
    Lolly

11. Sure! I used the IRC web site @ https://www.ashland.edu/administration/library/instructional-resource-center/irc-mock-caldecott-panels for years to share information and results of our Mock Caldecott sessions. Pinterest is visually appealing and the students are using it for course assignments as well. It’s win-win 🙂

12. I do a Mock Caldecott for each term (fall and spring). I do make sure to pre-select titles that would be eligible for the current year and use different books for each session. During the fall we look at titles that were published January through August, in the spring I try to focus on titles published August through December (though I may have to pull earlier to find enough books). I’m blessed with a tech services staff that allows me to preview books I ordered prior to cataloging and ‘tag’ titles I want to use.

13. Lolly Robinson Lolly Robinson says:

Thanks, Diane. Unfortunately, our school library doesn’t have a very good selection so I will need to use my own books or books they already own. Or get from library and hope I can keep renewing through the semester.
    But there are a number of good ideas here in these comments. Thanks, everyone!

14. Emmie Stuart says:

Hello from Percy Priest Elementary! A devoted Calling Caldecott junkie, I am thrilled to be joining in the 2015 adventure. I am a school librarian and teach an hour of enrichment with “advanced” 1st grade students. We are in the midst of a Caldecott Unit and the kids are engaged and eagerly reading/analyzing the contenders.

Like Robin, our list skews on the younger end of the spectrum. Without further ado…

The Girl and the Bicycle
    A Letter for Leo
    Flashlight
    Three Bears in a Boat
    Little Elliot, Big City
    Have You Seen My Dragon?
    Nana in the City

AND: Robin always showers me with kindness and I love love love soaking up her children’s literature wisdom. She is without a doubt a kid lit/teacher rockstar and one of my very favorite Nashvillians. 🙂

15. On Saturday, January 10, 2015, through robust discussions by librarians and educators in Oregon, it was determined that the winner of the 2015 Oregon Library Association’s Mock Caldecott is…

The Farmer and the Clown by Marla Frazee.
    Our only honor book:
    Extraordinary Jane by Hannah E. Harrison

Our results were selected from this list:
    2015 Mock Caldecott Titles

Firefly July: A Year Of Very Short Poems
    Paul B. Janeczko – Author/ Melissa Sweet – Illustrator

The Pilot and the Little Prince
    Peter Sis – Author/Illustrator

Gaston
    Kelly DiPucchio -Author/ Christian Robinson -Illustrator
    A hearty thanks to all who participated!

16. Robin Smith Robin Smith says:

I think it would be very fun to do a Mock Caldecott with all the Caldecott winners from a decade and see what happens. That way you know the students will be able to find the books at the library. Plus, I think it would be interesting to hear the discussions.

17. Robin Smith Robin Smith says:

Oh, Emmie, I am so glad you are doing such good work at Percy Priest! I can’t wait to hear the results.

18. Robin Smith Robin Smith says:

Thanks for your kind words.

19. Bill Wright says:

In the middle of our discussions with my third graders right now…trying to shoehorn them in with everything else going on! We had a large list this year, and just before the vacation, we each were able to nominate 4 books…2 sets of 2. We’ll vote by the end of the month (I’ll post results then…), but for now, here is the list we are working from (titles with X’s in front of them are the ones that didn’t get any nominations):
    All Different Now written by Angela Johnson and illustrated by E. B. Lewis
    X Bad Bye, Good Bye written by Deborah Underwood and illustrated by Jonathan Bean
    X Brother Hugo and the Bear written by Katy Beebe and illustrated by S. D. Schindler
    X Catching Kisses written by Amy Gibson and illustrated by Maria Van Lieshout
    X A Dance Like Starlight written by Kristy Dempsey and illustrated by Floyd Cooper
    Draw! written and illustrated by Raúl Colón
    Edward Hopper Paints His World written by Robert Burleigh and illustrated by Wendell Minor
    The Farmer and the Clown written and illustrated by Marla Frazee
    X Firefly July collected by Paul B. Janeczko and illustrated by Melissa Sweet
    Flashlight written and illustrated by Lizi Boyd
    Flight School written and illustrated by Lita Judge
    X Following Papa’s Song written and illustrated by Gianna Marino
    Gaston Written by Kelly DiPucchio and illustrated by Christian Robinson
    Grandfather Gandhi written by Arun Gandhi and Bethany Hegedus and illustrated by Evan Turk
    Gravity written and illustrated by Jason Chen
    Have You Seen My Dragon? written and illustrated by Steve Light
    Hi, Koo! written and illustrated by Jon J. Muth
    X The Iridescence of Birds written by Patricia MacLachlan and illustrated by Hadley Hooper
    Kid Sheriff and the Terrible Toads written by Bob Shea and illustrated by Lane Smith
    Maple written and illustrated by Lori Nichols
    X May the Stars Drip Down written by Jeremy Chatelain and illustrated by Nikki McClure
    My Grandfather’s Coat written by Jim Aylesworth and illustrated by Barbara McClintock
    X Nana in the City written and illustrated by Lauren Castillo
    The Noisy Paint Box written by Barb Rosenstock and illustrated by Mary GrandPré
    X The Pilot and the Little Prince written and illustrated by Peter Sís
    Poem-Mobiles written by J. Patrick Lewis and Douglas Florian and illustrated by Jeremy Holmes
    Quest written and illustrated by Aaron Becker
    The Right Word written by Jen Bryant and illustrated by Melissa Sweet
    Sam & Dave Dig a Hole written by Mac Barnett and illustrated by Jon Klassen
    X The Scraps Book written and illustrated by Lois Ehlert
    X Sebastian and the Balloon written and illustrated by Philip C. Stead
    X Shoe Dog written by Megan McDonald and illustrated by Katherine Tillotson
    Sparky! written by Jenny Offill and illustrated by Chris Appelhans
    Three Bears in a Boat written and illustrated by David Soman
    Viva Frida written and illustrated by Yuyi Morales
    Winter is Coming written by Tony Johnston and illustrated by Jim LaMarche

20. I have been involved in a Mock Caldecott for approximately 9 years. The group has held a Mock Caldecott for much longer. Our group is the Children’s Services Round Table of North-Central Indiana.

We create a list of starred review titles that seem “eligible.” Copies of the books are generously provided by an area bookstore for our program. We meet the day of the actual announcement. The morning is spent reading/viewing the books. Before lunch, everyone votes for 4 books.

After lunch, we have started doing small group discussions. The books receiving votes are redistributed to 6-7 tables, and there are appointed discussion leaders at each table. Each table chooses 1 or 2 books to campaign for in front of the larger group. We vote again. Books with few or no votes are eliminated, and we have large group campaigning. We take a third vote and are usually able to name a winner and honor books from this final vote.

One member of the group finds out what the actual winner is. The other award winners (Newbery, Geisel, etc.) are announced throughout the day, but the Caldecott winner is only announced after we have chosen our “winner.” We make sure the winner and honors move into the afternoon small group discussions and try to build excitement by announcing how many honor books have been named. I’ve been the “list maker” for several years and have enjoyed following the discussion on this blog since it started. Thank you for the information provided!

21. Elisa Gall says:

I facilitate a 2nd grade Mock Caldecott program through my students’ library enrichment time. Since it involves 3 separate classrooms, 60+ kids, and a whole bunch of separate sessions, we can’t do a completely authentic voting process. But our goals are more about close reading and thoughtful discussions than they are about accurately predicting the official winners. Here’s how we do it:
    First, the librarians curate a list of 12 books and put them into a bracket. We look for a sampling of diverse genres, illustrators, and styles, but we only include books that are short enough for an all-class read aloud (or “look aloud,” as my students like to call them when we read wordless titles). Each classroom is then responsible for a certain part of the bracket. When each class visits the library, we evaluate 2 books side by side and the children discuss and then vote which one they think best fits the criteria (which we present using kid-friendly language). At the end, we have 3 finalists that all of our students have an opportunity to read and discuss. We also provide a forum for children to bring other eligible books (or books that have been outvoted earlier in the process) back into consideration. Then we have a final vote, where children get a first and second choice. Their first choice has to be one of the three finalists, and their second choice can be any eligible book. (Whenever they vote, they have to write a quick sentence connecting their choice back to the criteria.) After the final vote, the librarians look where the numbers fall. The 2 finalists that don’t get the mock medal automatically become honors, but we also look for second choice (write-in) titles that rise to the top votewise. We announce our mock winners and stick celebratory “2015 Mock Caldecott” labels on our school library’s copies. When the children learn of the official winners on February 2, they’ll evaluate whether or not they agree with the committee’s choices.

Here’s what my 2nd graders decided for 2015:
    Mock Award Winner: QUEST
    Mock Honors: SAM & DAVE DIG A HOLE, THE ADVENTURES OF BEEKLE, A PERFECTLY MESSED-UP STORY, and GASTON

Other books we discussed included: THE RIGHT WORD, GRANDFATHER GANDHI, AND THREE BOYS BOOED, KID SHERIFF AND THE TERRIBLE TOADS, THE IRIDESCENCE OF BIRDS, THE FARMER AND THE CLOWN, WHERE’S MOMMY?, TOOLS RULE, HANK HAS A DREAM, VIVA FRIDA, DRAW!, BAD BYE, GOOD BYE, MY COUNTRY, ‘TIS OF THEE, THREE BEARS AND A BOAT, HUG MACHINE, FIREFLY JULY, and MY TEACHER IS A MONSTER

22. Elisa Gall says:

I forgot GRAVITY in my list of books we discussed above. We spent a lot of time on that one!

23. I once had students look at a winner and set of honor books all from the same year, but I covered up the seals so they couldn’t tell which book had won. After they voted, we revealed the stickers and the students reread the winner, looking to identify aspects of the excellence its committee found. Knowing that they’d be able to learn which book had won right away was super motivating for them. The only tip I have for someone interested in trying this out is to make sure you pick a year that your participants are too young to remember fully!

24. There were seven books that dominated my first-grade classroom Mock Caldecott results, meaning these seven survived three rounds of weighted voting. They were in no particular order, though LEO did come out on top:

A Letter For Leo
    Kid Sheriff and the Terrible Toads
    Gaston
    Henny
    Number One Sam
    The Adventures of Beekle
    My Teacher is a Monster

25. Magisterial lot in every sense! Bravo Sam!

26. I led a mock-Caldecott at Vermont College of Fine Arts this morning. A large crowd of mostly writers chose THE FARMER AND THE CLOWN. We had a short list and a short amount of time; no time to choose an honor book. Discussion was lively.

27. I love seeing everyone’s nominees. I used Pinterest to compile a list of all (or nearly all) the nominees I saw on this blog post as well as from the ALSC listserv. Let me know if I missed any big ones – or if you want access to add to this Pinterest board.

Check it out here:

And click through the book cover to Bookopolis.com to see reviews from kids about these books.

28. Liz DesCombes says:

In California we have the California Young Reader Medal Nominee program http://www.californiayoungreadermedal.org/ The book selection includes several years. Perhaps this is something to consider.

29. Bernadette M. says:

I conducted a Mock Caldecott with 5th grade students in the library. I presented the Caldecott criteria in the form of a rubric and the students spent two library periods assessing the books. I had about 45 books that I checked out from the public library based on any mention I could find in blogs, review journals, etc. Books needed at least 5 reviews in order to stay in the running (here cover appeal/first impression played a role in selection for review) and results were based on average rubric score.

And the results:
    Winner – Where’s Mommy? illustrated by Barbara McClintock
    Honors – Gaston, illustrated by Christian Robinson; A Dance Like Starlight, illustrated by Floyd Cooper; The Adventures of Beekle, illustrated by Dan Santat

I was intrigued by the results. While I could have guessed that Gaston would be appealing to a wide range of students, Where’s Mommy was a surprising choice and A Dance Like Starlight seemed a more sophisticated choice than I would have gotten with a younger age group. I would be interested in the results for an even older group, maybe HS, who would be even more discerning and thoughtful about the criteria.

30. Melody Allen says:

Rhode Island’s Mock Caldecott with 12 librarians and school library media specialists made the following selections:

Winner – Aviary Wonders, Inc. by Kate Samworth
    Honor – The Farmer and the Clown by Marla Frazee

31. Librarygarden says:

Our final vote is next week, but so far our finalists are:
    Maple
    The Farmer and the Clown
    Frida
    The Adventures of Beekle

Tomorrow I’ll know if week 5 brings Neighborhood Sharks or Gravity to the finals (so far it’s Gravity). We will also add a wild card, which will be the next highest vote getter (Bad Bye, Good Bye, Draw!, A Dance Like Starlight, Sparky, or either Neighborhood Sharks/Gravity.

There were so many other titles I would have liked to include. Robin I would love if you could share the form in the first picture of the post. I can’t wait until the big announcement!

32. Robin Smith Robin Smith says:

I am happy to share, Librarygarden. Let me see if there is a way to share a document here. I am not an expert with WordPress.
    How old are your readers?

33. Bernadette,
    Would you be willing to share your rubric here or post a link?

34. Chelsea C. says:

On December 12, 2014, 26 staff members from Sacramento (CA) Public Library participated in a Mock Caldecott discussion. The titles we discussed were:
    Sam and Dave Dig a Hole by Mac Barnett, illustrations by Jon Klassen
    The Right Word: Roget and His Thesaurus by Jen Bryant, illustrations by Melissa Sweet
    Gravity by Jason Chin
    Gaston by Kelly DiPucchio, pictures by Christian Robinson
    Extraordinary Jane by Hannah Harrison
    Viva Frida by Yuyi Morales
    The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend by Dan Santat

Our Mock Caldecott Winner was:
    Viva Frida by Yuyi Morales

Our Mock Caldecott Honor books were:
    Sam and Dave Dig a Hole by Mac Barnett, illustrations by Jon Klassen
    Extraordinary Jane by Hannah Harrison
    Gravity by Jason Chin

35. Susan Dailey says:

On Friday, January 23rd, 35 public and school librarians met at the Carmel Clay Public Library in Indiana. After a wonderful day of examination and discussion our choices were:

Caldecott:
    “Winter Is Coming” illustrated by Jim LaMarche, written by Tony Johnston

Honors:
    “Baby Bear” illustrated and written by Kadir Nelson
    “Draw!” illustrated by Raul Colon
    “The Farmer and the Clown” illustrated by Marla Frazee
    “Flashlight” illustrated by Lizi Boyd

36. Hi all — The Takoma Park Maryland Library held its first-ever Mock Caldecott today, and we had a wonderful time! Our runaway “medal” winner was “The Farmer and the Clown,” written and illustrated by Marla Frazee. We also had four “honor” books (listed in alphabetical order by title): “Bad Bye, Good Bye” written by Deborah Underwood and illustrated by Jonathan Bean; “The Iridescence of Birds,” written by Patricia MacLachlan and illustrated by Hadley Hooper; “The Noisy Paint Box,” written by Barb Rosenstock and illustrated by Mary GrandPre; and “The Right Word,” written by Jen Bryant and illustrated by Melissa Sweet. Can’t wait to see how we stack up to the actual winners!

37. Megan Ashley says:

We wrapped up our Mock Caldecott unit this past week at Catherine Cook in Chicago, IL. Our second and third graders worked their way through twelve titles and three rounds of voting using a bracket system. The number of titles was cut in half each round, until we had three finalists.

The titles we discussed were:
    VIVA FRIDA
    TOOLS RULE!

Our honors books were:
    VIVA FRIDA
    GASTON

And our Caldecott Medal winner was:
    TOOLS RULE!

All said, we spent about three months on this unit – the students were so excited to find out our Caldecott Medal winner.

38. Robin Smith Robin Smith says:

My class of second graders considered pretty much all the titles we talked about here on Calling Caldecott.
    After four ballots, including a 10-9 vote between Farmer and the Clown and Beekle for the winner, here is how things went down:

Medal: The Farmer and the Clown
    Honor Books: Beekle, The Hug Machine, Gaston, Blizzard and Sam & Dave Dig a Hole.

They discussed ten books–
    The Adventures of Beekle
    Sam & Dave Dig a Hole
    The Farmer and the Clown
    Letter for Leo
    Kid Sheriff
    Hug Machine
    Gaston
    The Iridescence of Birds
    Blizzard
    Viva Frida

39. Susan Dailey says:

Today, 42 school and public librarians met at the Wells County Public Library in northeast Indiana. The group selected:

Winner: Farmer and the Clown illustrated by Marla Frazee
    Honors: Pardon Me illustrated and written by Daniel Miyares
    Girl and the Bicycle illustrated by Mark Pett
    Maple illustrated by Lori Nichols

40. Harley 2nd grader says:

from elwood 2nd graders – beekle- lots of color and black and white. ivan – nice colors and sad pictures. Three bears – bears are cute.water color is pretty.

41. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose three bears in a boat because it’s colorful illustrations

42. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose Ivan because i think the illustrations were the best

43. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose my teacher is monster because the book has good colors.

44. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose Ivan because the illustrations are magnificent the pictures really tell the story the mediums are so good

45. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I Chose Three Bears in A Boat because the pictures told the story

46. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose Ivan because the illustrations are fantastic Because the picturs are good

47. Harley 2nd grader says:

I chose Beekle because I think the used lots of tools.

48. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose Ivan because there are great illustrations.
    It was also a sad story.
    It was really sad because Ivan’s sister died because of namonea
    Ivan was trapped in a mall for 27 years.
    Ivan got trapped in a box that was tapped closed .
    When Ivan went from Africa to Washington he was with his sister.

49. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose Ivan because the illustrations where realistic and we like the colors he used good tools .

50. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose Beekle because it was colorful.

51. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose three bears in a boat because it has good pictures

52. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose Ivan because the pictures are so real.

53. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose Beekle because it is colorful.

54. Harley 2nd grader says:

I chose Ivan because Ivan lost Berna because she died and because it was happy at the end and he was loney.

55. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose Ivan the remarkable true story of the shopping mall gorilla because the story tels us the story

56. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose BeeKLe because he found a friend and he did the unamaginable.

57. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose three bears in a boat because the pictures read the story.

58. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose Three bears in a boat because the pictures tell the stroy.

59. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose Ivan becase it was cut

60. Harley avenue 2nd grader says:

I chose Three bears in a boat because the water color was Amazing

61. Harley 2nd grader says:

I chose three bears in a boat because I liked the water colors.

62. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose Ivan
    Because it’s very colorful and very calm

63. Harley 2nd grader says:

I chose The Adventures of Beekle

64. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose Three Bears In a Boat because it had very cool pictures

65. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose my teacher is a monster because I liked how the author expressed the characters feelings

66. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose Three Bears in a Boat because the water color was real.

67. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose Three Bears in a Boat because I really liked the illurstration

68. Harley2nd grader says:

The illastrations of the book the adventures of beekle was artistic

69. Elwood 2nd grader says:

It is arttistii

70. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose three bears in a boat it has beautiful art work

71. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose three bears in a boat

72. Harley2nd grader says:

I chose Beekle Becase the first picture is like a dream.

73. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose three bears in a boat because I liked the bold picture

74. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose three bears in a boat
    Because we like the ilistraion

75. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose There Bears in a boat
    because the picturs look rele .

76. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose Ivan because it’s a sad story/happy story The picture is sad

77. HArley 2nd grader says:

I chose three bears in a boat because I like the watercolor illustrations. I like the water i like the big and bob colors on the paygise.

78. HArley 2nd grader says:

I chose Beekle because it had technique

79. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose beekle because the pictrures are dental and tell the story

80. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose beekle because the pictures were very colorful and beautiful and pretty.

81. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose Beekle because the illistrations were incredible.
    The illstarter did a amazing job with the pictures.
    The illistrations were so cool Woohoo Yaaa Yay!

82. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose three bears in a boat because the pictures look like real photos.The only thing is that it was there were bears.Its weird it’s fiction.

83. Elwood 2nd grader says:

We chose three bears in a boat because we liked the illastations very much.

84. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose Ivan because it has good good pictures because they so so so so so so good and

85. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose three bears in a boat because they’re are bright and calm colors. They were beautiful he chose wonderful colors.

86. Elwood 2nd grader says:

We choes Beekle because the colors are pretty

87. Elwood 2nd grader says:

I chose three bears in a boat Because we like the beautiful pictures.