As promised, some book-related ephemera!
The eponymous boxes. Behind them you can see (left to right) a Halloween card sent by Penguin (“Happy Halloween from Dick and Jane and Vampires“), a leaf art thank-you note from Lois Ehlert, a Bink and Gollie watch, and pink pouches of fairy dust. What you sadly can’t see, obscured by the mountain of packages, are a Very Hungry Caterpillar wall calendar and a print from Carin Berger’s Forever Friends.
From left to right:
– a “scrapbook” and (underneath) tote bag promoting Travels with Gannon and Wyatt: Botswana
– a BLAD of Matthew Reinhart’s and Robert Sabuda’s forthcoming Encyclopedia Mythologica: Dragons and Monsters– the Dick and Jane and Vampires Halloween card again (I just really like it)
– The Boxcar Children, The Buddy Files, and Zapato Power-themed “collectible shaped rubber bands”
– Frankly Frannie pencils
– Sandra Boynton’s Amazing Cows doorknob hanger and info packet, including a free download of her 17-minute version of “Bolero” for orchestra and kazoo, AND
– a DVD of interviews with Maya Soetoro-Ng and Yuyi Morales about their picture book Ladder to the Moon.
Whew! If you packed everything into the handy Gannon and Wyatt tote bag, you’d have a well-rounded (if somewhat haphazard) bookish goody bag.
I’m pretty sure Reinhart’s and Sabuda’s pop-up dragon can kick our dragon‘s butt.