We’ve been talking about all things audiobook this week on the blog, with reviews of recommended audiobooks, discussion of what works (and what doesn’t) in audio adaptations, and a sneak peek at the upcoming From Norvelt to Nowhere audiobook. Here are all of the posts in one handy place.
- Introducing Audiobook Week!
- Adapting visual elements to audio: reviews of A Black Hole is NOT a Hole, Countdown, The Lion and the Mouse, and The Invention of Hugo Cabret
- Narration choices: “Audiobooks: Four Styles of Narration” and reviews of Beauty Queens and The Name of the Star
- An unwelcome trend in audiobooks
- Five questions for audiobook queen Mary Burkey
- Review of Mary Burkey’s Audiobooks for Youth: A Practical Guide to Sound Literature
- “Books in the Home: The Penderwicks on Hayward Street”
- Recommended audiobooks list
- Jack Gantos: voice talent
This post is part of Audiobook Week on Out of the Box. For more, click on the audiobooks tag.