Last week was our first week with book discussion on this blog rather than our usual posts from teachers. I didn’t exactly blow the horn to announce them, so this week I’m trying something different, hoping more of you see — and join — the discussions.
So… *horn fanfare* …we hope you will join us in talking about the five books we’re reading for Thursday night’s children’s lit class at HGSE.
For March 6, 2014, we have two picture books, two easy readers, and one book about how art works:
- This Is Not My Hat by Jon Klassen
- That New Animal by Emily Jenkins, illustrated by Pierre Pratt
- There Is a Bird On Your Head! by Mo Willems
- Ling and Ting: Not Exactly the Same! by Grace Lin
- Picture This by Molly Bang
Last week we read these books, and we’d love to let the conversation keep going:
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
- Mirror by Jeannie Baker
- Three articles about making picture books
And now, let the wild discussions begin!